Click for the slide deck and the minutes from the May 12 meeting, as well as the amended budget. We discussed:
- Activities and events at the Chantilly Regional Library with parent handout. Contact Steve Okrund for more information.
- School updates and testing schedule by Mr. D'Amato and Ms. Mohr
- Update on Boosterthon by Christy Youk -- this fundraiser was very successful with $22K raised for 1:1 computing!!
- School supplies - order now!
- Book swap: bring in gently used books June 1-12 for tickets, the swap will be June 16-17
- Budget was amended to include Boosterthon proceeds and book swap.
- We are recruiting for people to chair the following committees: Boosterthon, Chess Club, Family Fun, Girls on the Run, French Club, Robotics, and Mad Science.
Please join us Wednesday, June 17 to vote for our new officers and to acknowledge and thank all our volunteers!
Last Updated on Monday, 18 May 2015 21:39
------ GENERAL INFORMATION ------
Lees Corner PTA Mission Statement
- Promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school and community.
- Assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- Encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools.
- Speak on behalf of the children and youth in schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- Foster an open relationship between educators, parents and the general public that will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- Encourage school spirit and pride.
- The meeting schedule for this year varies, in response to the parent survey. Minutes and other pertinent information is posted approximately a week after each meeting and are available here. Our next meeting is June 17th at 7PM in the Cafeteria.
Lees Corner PTA Bylaws
PTA Budget and Treasurer's report
- You can view the most recent audit report here. The final approved budget for 2014-15 can be found here. The budget was amended 5/12/15. Click here to view.
- Lees Corner Elementary School and the PTA cannot function without the help of the community. Most volunteer opportunities are one-time only and take as little as two hours of your time. Please take the time this year to consider how you can help with a large event or participate on a committee. Whether you are a member of the PTA or not, you can sign up to help. Volunteers are needed throughout the year so consider finding 3 opportunities to help out this year.
For inclement weather and other emergency announcements, please click here: Fairfax County Public Schools Emergency Announcement
Last Updated on Monday, 18 May 2015 21:30