Lees Corner PTA is excited to partner with Boosterthon in raising funds for 1:1 computing devices! Boosterthon Fun Run promotes three specific values during the fun-filled experience: Fitness, Leadership, and Character. This year's character theme is ROCK'N TOWN LIVE, a music festival theme all about COMMUNITY! Students will learn five ways to make their community rock where they live and play during the 9-day program: Plug In To Serve, Amplify Others, Listen For Feedback, Play Hard, Thank Your Crowd.
- All students get to participate in the Boosterthon Fun Run, but to log pledges, parents need to register their student on www.funrun.com. (See below for registration code)
- Parents can have one funrun.com account and register multiple children in one account (Click Register a Participant on the dashboard for each child. Please note – each class has its own registration code)
- Once you registered your child, you can click on "Share Pledge Link" on top left corner (right below your child's name) and send out pledge requests via email, text, or Facebook. This makes it SO EASY to raise funds! With the shared link, your sponsor can easily pay online with credit card or pledge to send in payment of cash/check to your child before April 30th. Sponsors can choose either flat donation or per lap donation.
- Students’ pledge money is due on THURSDAY, APRIL 30TH.
- Sponsors can pay online at via your shared link on funrun.com, or with check or cash.
- Each student will receive an envelope after the Fun Run to help collect their pledges.
- Checks can be written to LEES CORNER PTA.
We need parent volunteers to help pass out water during Fun Run as well as count pledges after Fun Run. Please sign up here: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/60B084CAAAA2EAB9-boostherthon
Boosterthon Pep Rally- (Monday, April 13th)
- 1:30-2:20 (K-3)
- 2:30-3:20 (4-6)
Team Huddles- (Tuesday, April 14th - Wednesday, April 22nd) During these days, students will be gathering pledges from friends, family and relatives, plus experiencing our world-class character program. This year’s theme is Rock’n Town Live—a fun, music festival theme all about community! For pledges, students can get a pledge per lap (a dollar amount for every lap they run in the Fun Run) or a flat donation—both pledge types count toward the rewards. $30 in flat donations is equal to $1 pledge per lap. April 14th - Team Day and Pep Rally Recap. April 15th - Plug In To Serve. April 16th - Amplify Others. April 20th - Listen For Feedback. April 21st - Play Hard. April 22nd - Thank Your Crowd
Boosterthon Fun Run – (Thursday, April 23rd)
The track size is about 1/16 of a mile. All students, even kindergarteners, will run an average of 30-35 laps. These are not laps around our entire field. It's a much smaller laps created by Boosterthon.
9:00 am - 10:15 am (K-3) 10:30 am - 11:45 am (4-6)
Thank you for participating and enriching education for our children! Contact
(click on image to magnify)
Last Updated on Monday, 13 April 2015 21:09
Little Einstein Explorers is excited to offer Minecraft STEM clubs – Spring 2015
Is a video game really a video game? Or can it be used as an engaging STEM tool? This class uses the extremely popular game of Minecraft to teach students various STEM skills such as engineering, architecture, and logical thinking. Whether you are new or have been playing Minecraft, this class will help you build, create and design your own world! Have fun learning the fundamentals of designing and editing your world using a custom environment template. How will your world look?
(Registration is open; last day to register April 10th)
Build, create, mod, and have fun! Students will learn to edit, replace old skin, create and build red stone circuits, and mod to create custom items! This class uses the extremely popular game of Minecraft to teach students various STEM skills and goes deeper into game design, development, and modding. Have fun learning the process, on a smaller scale, of a real game designer’s constructive and development process.
- Grades 4 - 6
- Meeting Day/Time: Thursday or Friday , 3:30 - 4:30 pm (choose your day during registration)
- Dates: 4/16/15 through 5/21/15 (Thursday) or 4/17/15 through 5/22/15 (Friday)
- Cost: $99 per season
- Register at http://goo.gl/forms/sMu3KRXzGL
(Registration is open; last day to register April 10th)
Last Updated on Friday, 27 March 2015 19:58
What an informative meeting! The google+ video is available here. Ms. Mohr's testing piece starts at 20:00, Mr. Stegman's presentation on internet safety starts at 50:00
- Friday, March 20 - 6th Grade basketball game!!! Doors Open 5:30
- Monday, April 13 - Boosterthon kicks off
- Tuesday, April 14 - Baskin Robbins scoop night and Papa Murphy's
- Sunday April 19 - Grounds Clean Up/Beautification Day, 8 am-12
- No meeting in April. At our May 12th meeting, we will have a presentation from Chantilly Library.
Last Updated on Friday, 13 March 2015 19:14
------ GENERAL INFORMATION ------
Lees Corner PTA Mission Statement
- Promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school and community.
- Assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- Encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools.
- Speak on behalf of the children and youth in schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- Foster an open relationship between educators, parents and the general public that will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- Encourage school spirit and pride.
- The meeting schedule for this year varies, in response to the parent survey. Minutes and other pertinent information is posted approximately a week after each meeting and are available here. Our next meeting is Wednesday, February 11 at 7PM in the Cafeteria.
Lees Corner PTA Bylaws
PTA Budget and Treasurer's report
- You can view the most recent audit report here. The final approved budget for 2014-15 can be found here.
- Lees Corner Elementary School and the PTA cannot function without the help of the community. Most volunteer opportunities are one-time only and take as little as two hours of your time. Please take the time this year to consider how you can help with a large event or participate on a committee. Whether you are a member of the PTA or not, you can sign up to help. Volunteers are needed throughout the year so consider finding 3 opportunities to help out this year.
For inclement weather and other emergency announcements, please click here: Fairfax County Public Schools Emergency Announcement
Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 21:45