Thanks for joining our first meeting of the year in person or via Google hangout!! A special thank you to Ms. Cullen for making this happen. We learned that we can communicate two ways via text, however, the live video feed does have an approx. one minute delay. If you missed the meeting feel free to watch the recording!
We would appreciate if you could leave a comment through google if it was helpful so that we can continue to provide this service. Meeting minutes will be posted in the next few days. Here are links to documents and information shared at this meeting. Next time, we will try to post them beforehand so you can access during the meeting.
Last Updated on Thursday, 18 September 2014 08:31
It is a whole new year and with that comes new pencils, new notebooks, and new Lees Corner Spiritwear. The Lees Corner PTA is delighted to bring you a whole new variety of Lees Corner apparel, including t-shirts, hoodies, and shorts for the whole family. This year, we are once again using online ordering ONLY, but we are also using a credit card/debit card to pay for merchandise which will significantly cut down on the amount of paper and checks that are sent to the office through your child.
To order, follow these directions carefully to ensure your child’s order will be processed under their classroom teacher:
- Go to http://orderschoolstuff.com/
- Click on LEES CORNER ELEMENTARY on the left. Type in the password LCfit (case sensitive)
- Fill your cart with the items you’d like to purchase.
- CHECKOUT – make sure to fill in all information in order for accuracy.
- Click Complete Order.
Items may be ordered between now and noon on Sunday, September 21st, 2014. Lees Corner Spiritwear is a great opportunity for you to show your school spirit while also helping the PTA earn money for the school. Thank you for supporting the PTA.
Lauri Hilburger, PTA Spiritwear Chair
Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 14:14
Lees Corner PTA Mission Statement
- Promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school and community.
- Assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- Encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools.
- Speak on behalf of the children and youth in schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- Foster an open relationship between educators, parents and the general public that will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- Encourage school spirit and pride.
- The meeting schedule for this year varies, in response to the parent survey. Minutes and other pertinent information is posted approximately a week after each meeting and are available here. Our next meeting is Thursday, October 9th at 7PM in the Cafeteria.
Lees Corner PTA Bylaws
PTA Budget and Treasurer's report
- You can view the most recent audit report here. We will post the newest budget for 2014-15 after it is approved at the September meeting.
- Lees Corner Elementary School and the PTA cannot function without the help of the community. Most volunteer opportunities are one-time only and take as little as two hours of your time. Please take the time this year to consider how you can help with a large event or participate on a committee. Whether you are a member of the PTA or not, you can sign up to help. Volunteers are needed throughout the year so consider finding 3 opportunities to help out this year.
For inclement weather and other emergency announcements, please click here: Fairfax County Public Schools Emergency Announcement
Last Updated on Thursday, 18 September 2014 08:58