Thank you to our speakers from the January PTA meeting: Ms. Pierce (AAP), Ms. Bernet (food allergies) and Mr. Gorman (anti-bullying). Here are the meeting materials from Jan 13:
Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 22:11
Winter/Spring 2015 Activities
It’s time to start signing up for winter after school enrichment activities! Following is the current schedule for all winter activities:
- Overtime Athletics - Fast Break Basketball - K - 3
- Little Einstein - Stop Motion Animation - 1 - 6 - open to new and returning students
- Not Just Dance - K - 6
- Little Einstein - Lego Motorized Mechanics and Robotics - 1 - 6 - open to new and returning students
- Overtime Athletics - Shooting Stars INDOOR Soccer - 4 - 6
- Little Einstein - 3D Game Designing/Programming - 1 - 6 - open to new and returning students
- Mad Science - NASA: Academy of Future Space Explorers - K - 6
- Silver Knights Chess - K - 6
Questions/Suggestions - please contact us at
Click here for details on each program and registration information.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 January 2015 22:09
------ GENERAL INFORMATION ------
Lees Corner PTA Mission Statement
- Promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school and community.
- Assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- Encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools.
- Speak on behalf of the children and youth in schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- Foster an open relationship between educators, parents and the general public that will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- Encourage school spirit and pride.
- The meeting schedule for this year varies, in response to the parent survey. Minutes and other pertinent information is posted approximately a week after each meeting and are available here. Our next meeting is Wednesday, February 11 at 7PM in the Cafeteria.
Lees Corner PTA Bylaws
PTA Budget and Treasurer's report
- You can view the most recent audit report here. The final approved budget for 2014-15 can be found here.
- Lees Corner Elementary School and the PTA cannot function without the help of the community. Most volunteer opportunities are one-time only and take as little as two hours of your time. Please take the time this year to consider how you can help with a large event or participate on a committee. Whether you are a member of the PTA or not, you can sign up to help. Volunteers are needed throughout the year so consider finding 3 opportunities to help out this year.
For inclement weather and other emergency announcements, please click here: Fairfax County Public Schools Emergency Announcement
Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 21:45